REAL MODIFICATION DECREE LAW 15/2018
The modification of Law 24/2013, of December 26, which refers to the Electricity Sector, focuses on the search for a new framework that regulates and encourages consumers, companies and other agents to use of a clean and sustainable source of energy. All this through a greater integration of renewable energies, the promotion of sustainable mobility and energy efficiency.
What situation has led to this reform?
Over the last few years, the activity of self-consumption has been immersed in a transitory block due, among other factors, to the existing regulatory barriers that have made this activity economically difficult. This has led to the fact that both consumers and companies have not been able to benefit from either the energy mix or the contribution to progress in energy in our country.
With this implementation, an immediate reduction of the energy bill of the users that install it is sought, contributing to the achievement of more competitive, more sustainable and more involved companies with the environment. And in the same way, it seeks to raise society’s awareness of responsibility and the efficient use of energy.
To boost the development of this activity in Spain, this new law opts for the reduction of the Tax on the value of the production of the electrical energy produced and incorporated into the electrical system for six months. This will be reflected in the increase in the development of self-consumption and allow consumers to opt for cheaper alternatives for their electricity supply, compared to the high prices that are being recorded in the current market.
What does the new Law 15/2018 contemplate?
Law 15/2018, October 5, of the Electricity Sector modifies the previous Law 24/2013, as follows:
- Self-consumption shall be understood as consumption by one or more users of electricity from production facilities close to those of consumption and associated with them. There are different types of self-consumption supply with and without surpluses.
- The concept of nearby facilities for self-consumption purposes will be developed. They will be understood as such that are connected to the internal network of the associated consumers, are connected to them through direct lines or are connected to the low voltage network derived from the same transformation center.
- Production facilities not exceeding 100 kW of power shall be exempt from the obligation to register electric power production facilities in the administrative register.
- Energy from renewable sources, cogeneration or waste will be exempt from all types of charges and tolls.
- The administrative and technical conditions for connection to the network of production facilities associated with self-consumption will be established by regulation.
- For installations with a P <10 kWp, only the low-voltage bulletin and the
- For installations of P <15 kW, access and connection permits will be exempted.
- It will not be necessary to install the generation meter, in addition the peak generation power of the photovoltaic system does not have to be less than the contracted supply power. It will be possible to install more power of the contracted one according to the technical conditions of the REBT (Electrotechnical Regulation of Low Tension).
In conclusion, Royal Decree-Law 15/2018, of October 5, on urgent measures for the energy transition and the protection of consumers, contemplates the right to self-consume energy without additional charges, the right to self-consumption is recognized shared and the principle of administrative and technical simplification is introduced. In addition, in terms of self-consumption, it enables the Autonomous Communities to create and manage the corresponding territorial self-consumption records.
It should be noted that this document is in the testing and adaptation phase for a period of three months.
Solar energy: a real, clean and inexhaustible alternative.
How can you contribute to reducing pollution? Throughout his life, all citizens of our country have breathed air polluted in Spain.
THE CE/R+S, AVAESEN AND HOUSE CHARITY JOIN IN AN ENERGY EFFICIENTY PROJECT.